Home

Chapter History

Activities

Important Links

Contact Us

Chapter History

Mrs. William Lee Parsons, of Defiance, Missouri, was the organizing regent. Fourteen women met and organized the chapter on May 27, 1909. The chapter is proud of its two historic pieces related to the early days in Saint Charles. The frame for the chapter's charter is made from a piece of wood (donated by Mrs. John Olson), which was taken from the spot where Saint Charles founder Blanchette Chasseur landed in Saint Charles in 1756. The chapter's gavel, presented by Miss Myrtle Fulkerson, was made from wood taken from the original Daniel Boone Cabin located near the town of Matson, Missouri.  

 

PHOTO: The Saint Charles Chapter celebrated its 100th anniversary on November 15, 2008, at the Heald House in O'Fallon, Missouri.  

Please contact our chapter regent with membership or other chapter questions.
Webmaster:  Cindy Blankenship, Missouri VIS Volunteer
Last updated:  September 9, 2018

The content contained herein does not necessarily represent the position of the NSDAR. Hyperlinks to other sites are not the responsibility of the NSDAR, the state organizations, or individual DAR chapters.